Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
Of course, those who know me or who read this blog on a regular basis will know that I am absolutely, genuinely nutty about rugby as a sport. The fact that there are players who look like this is merely a bonus!
Friday, September 19, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
1) 20 years ago this year I travelled to West Africa with a Duke of Edinburgh's Award scheme Gold Award holders group to work on a building project in an isolated village in Gambia
2) I spent a summer working in Poland with UNESCO teaching English to young people at Summer School. That might explain why so many Poles now live in the UK, and if any near you speak English with a strong Belfast accent ....
3) Last week I was escorted through Manchester Airport with great urgency and at very high speed because I thought I was late for my flight. Turned out the information I had read on the departure screen was for another flight to Belfast from earlier in the day that had been delayed, and eventually left only 20 minutes before my plane
4) I was flying home from a ski trip to Bulgaria when, during take off, the seat beside mine fell into the central aisle and started sliding towards the rear of the aircraft. Only that someone was sitting in it at the time, it might have been quite funny
5) During the war in the Balkans, I worked alongside UNHCR distributing humanitarian aid to Croatian refugees in Daruvar, Sector West6) I have only ever flown Aeroflot once. They made me take my case onto the plane with me and sit with it on my knee for the journey
7) I travelled half way round the world to Indonesia to take a friend a cheese and jam sandwich made in a barmbrack. The sandwich was a bit squashed by the time it got there, but then having flown Garuda (and lived), so was I
8) When my daughter was sick in bed whilst on holiday in Dubai, I asked could the bed pleased be changed. They actually brought an entire new piece of furniture into the room ....
Now I need to tag some people, do I know eight?? Lets see:
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Thursday, September 04, 2008
And then the other half discovered Singlive Belfast! Who just happen to rehearse 2 minutes drive from my front door. So I wandered down tonight to their recruitment night to find out a bit more and see if they'd have me, and ... I'm in!