Friday, October 06, 2006

Lentil & Carrot Soup for the Soul ...

Year 12 made carrot and lentil soup today. Everything was going fine; eight lots of soup had been made and four of the eight lots had been liquidised.

I'm standing by the liquidiser with the fifth lot of boiling-hot-just-off-the-stove-soup ready to whizz; lid on, held firmly in place with my right hand, left hand on the ON button ready to go, just as I've already done four times that lesson.

I push the button and disaster strikes. Somehow, and from somewhere, the soup leaps out of the liquidiser and covers me from the chest down.

Soup and half mushed vegetables everywhere, but mostly down my front.

'Feck Miss' (polite version) cries the boy standing behind me. I'm waiting for him to say 'are you alright??' But instead:

'That was brilliant, can you do it again??'

(Please note: No children were harmed in the making of this soup)

No comments: