From the kitchen of the Avoca cafe (Avoca is a little village in Co. Wicklow, best known for being the home of BBC show Ballykissangel) comes this recipe for very easy, excellent tasting muffins:
- 450g self raising flour
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 225ml milk
- 225g butter
- 2 medium sized eggs
- heat oven to 180oC/gas4 and have 15 muffin tins ready.
- mix flour, caster sugar and baking powder in large bowl.
- heat butter and milk together until butter melts, then cool.
- add to dry mixture with beaten eggs.
- spoon into muffin tins and bake for 20 mins
Add whatever you fancy for flavouring; Avoca suggest raspberries and nectarine, or diced pear, or chocolate buttons and slivered almonds, but we tried banana and chocolate chunks and cranberries and cinnamon and they were both good too.