Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Vanity of vanities; all is vanity

I went and had my eyebrows waxed this evening. Usually that means I come away with thinner, trimmer, more sleek, less hairy eyebrows. As you would expect really.

Well, not tonight. Whatever they managed to do, however they managed to do it, this evening I came away with eyebrows doing a seriously good impersonation of Susan Boyle.

You think I exaggerate? When I appeared home the Dolly took one look at me and exclaimed 'What have you done to your eyebrows?? They're massive!!' I called round to drop something off with a friend and she's staring at my eyes. 'Did you get those waxed?' she asks. 'I did' I reply. 'Well,' she says. 'you're going to have to get them done again!'

And now you know why it's only ever the eyebrows that get the waxing treatment.

2 comments:

Dana said...

ouch.

Nancy Mon said...

Once the guy left Nord that did eyebrows, I decided to let mine go native. I used the replacement person once and I came away looking like I had no eyebrows. They say eyebrows frame the face, well sometimes they distract more than they frame. Hope you get a better go of it the second time around.