Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christmas

Christmas finally came to our house on Saturday. I say finally because I know some of the readers of this blog have had their decorations up for, like, forever! (Judy)

And truthfully, this is very early for us to have the house decorated. Dolly likes the tree up for her birthday, so we usually put it up the weekend before that, but as her birthday is next weekend, this year we have to put the tree up a whole week in advance.

I was at the hairdressers yesterday afternoon getting forties-fied for SingSwing tonight, and when I came home a posse which included my mum and aunt had been busily decorating the house which meant all that was left for me to do was to mull some wine :-)

My brother and his family called in and we all had tea together and more mulled wine. Great start to the Christmas season.

You may have noticed no mention of my son in this fable. That's because my dad took him on a trip of a lifetime over to see Manchester United play Sunderland at old Trafford. Well, it's his idea of a trip of a lifetime anyway ;-)

2 comments:

Judith said...

well I'm glad that AT LAST you're becoming festive!! lol the tree looks gorgeous would put a picture of mine up but it looks extremely malnourished!!

Sayre said...

We were looking at your tree picture and my son just blurted out "I really LIKE those hiking snowpeople!!!!" I may have to hunt some of those down...