Wednesday, June 04, 2008

5. as a rule, I don't vomit (contd) ...

So with the help of my sister-in-law the doctor, we discovered what had made me so drastically ill on Monday.

I woke up on Monday morning with the worst sore throat I remember since having my tonsils out, and as I was booked for a days work with 7 year olds, I decided action was needed. In the absence of any other painkiller in the house, I popped two co-codamol tablets with breakfast.

Go back 11 months to July last year when I had my hysterectomy. I was desperately ill after the surgery until they changed my pain meds from morphine to voltarol, after which I had a 'miracle' recovery.

Turns out, codeine and morphine are in the same 'family', close cousins maybe, but anyhow, it is obvious that this 'family' of painkillers just do not agree with my system at all.

Last night I had a grand flushing of co-codamol down the loo ceremony. Never, ever, ever again.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I can't take any of them...After my surgery it was one day of pain killers and then nothing...I just can't take them.

Hope you are feeling better!