Friday, May 30, 2008

Sleepless nights

I've not slept the best this week; two mornings I woke at about 3am and just couldn't get back to sleep.

If this happens, usually all I have to do is pick up a book and read for 15 minutes and I'm completely wiped out again, but this week I was reading our current book circle offering, 'The Book Thief' by Marcus Zusak. I have absolutely loved this book, to the point were, when I started reading it at 3.15 am on Wednesday morning, I didn't stop until the alarm went of at 6.20 am!

(I obviously am paying for that now!)

Not to spoil the plot too much, the story is about a child living during WWII and the events, twists and turns of her life, which are narrated by Death. Sounds a bit dark, but it is in fact an excellent read, compelling and obviously not-put-downable! I highly recommend.

No comments: