Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snow Alert!

The city, actually the Province, is on snow alert tonight. Such is the severity of the expected snow that schools were emailed by the governing education authorities to warn them of it so plans could be formulated in the event of staff and pupils being snowed out of school.

My kids were told today that if there was snow to stay at home. Well, that's what the youngest said. I think memories of our last snow day about three weeks ago lie heavy in her mind ;-) The more senior child told me that if there was snow he had to listen to the radio to see if the school was open or not.

If you ask me, the whole things smacks of teachers wanting an extra day off ;-p

So they are sitting at their respective windows, waiting for the snow. Unfortunately at the minute there are only gale force winds, but the BBC are prediciting snowfalls from 6am tomorrow until 3pm in the afternoon.

I wonder what the teachers' plan is for being snowed into school?? I hope it includes porridge - my Dolly loves her porridge on a Saturday morning!

5 comments:

Pluto said...

"The whole things smacks of teachers wanting an extra day off" ........ and your point is?

Pluto said...

Doh! The snow has started and I'm still in school!!

Ali said...

Bit of a damb squib the whole thing. We did have some snow - I think I counted 10 flakes on the roof of my car this morning, but no emergency plans had to be utilised this time :-(

Ali said...

Oh yeah, so at 10pm on FRIDAY night, it starts to snow quite heavily.

What is that use of that??

Dana said...

Oh how I want snow. And snow days. And you guys crack me up!

I wondered if Pluto was going to comment on wanting a day off....

:)