Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hoovering

When I was off last year I discovered that I could hoover the entire house in an hour. When the kids left for school, I could run the hoover over, maybe clean a bathroom or wash the kitchen floor and still be finished in time to watch the Jeremy Kyle Show. (I know, I know; but I was ill, I wasn't in control of my marbles!)

My trusty £35 Argos hoover broke this week, after many years service :-( So I had to borrow my mum's big all-singing-all-dancing Vax. Wow! I thought. I will be finished in time to see the end of Lorraine Kelly this morning.

Not so. Either the size of my house has increased substantially, or the Vax sucks (or not, as the case may be) An hour and a half into the job and I'm losing the will to live. There is no light at the end of the tunnel - in fact, I have given up on hoovering the stairs and decided to get a straw and suck up the dirt manually later :-(

No comments: