Sunday, May 20, 2007

My Shamrock's Showing

Today I got the urge to play the bodhran again. Having done my 'professorship' in bodhran playing a couple of years back and played a few times in my former work and in church, I've not hardly touched the thing in a year! I quite fancy trying to play along to this, The Blackthorn Stick:



Well, after last week's Irish dancing class (I went the wrong way round a one-way circle and caused minor injury to at least three other dancers) there's no way I'm ever going to be able to dance to it!

2 comments:

Steve Tilley said...

I have one of those. Pronunciation lesson please. Pretty please.

Ali said...

Well, it depends what part of the island of Ireland you come from. Most people would say BORE-AN, although some areas in the South pronounce it as BOW-RAN. Sometimes the emphasis is put on the last syllable, as in BORE-AN. If I were you I would stick to BORE-AN.

The real question is, do you play??