Friday, September 08, 2006

Lying under the Neighbours car in a pair of Sparkly Slippers


Not quite the end to the day I expected after my first full days work in eight months! And I'm sure my neighbour wondered what on earth I was doing, lying in the middle of the road under their car.

Football is a cursed sport! Especially when the average age of the players is 6 years old. The big one hit the ball a right thump with his right foot and it took off, flew over the front wall and down the street, stopping under my neighbours car. So immediately the 'ballboy' is called to retrieve the ball.

Having just changed into a pair of trackies and a t-shirt, I put the nearest shoes I could grab on. They just happened to be a pair of black sequined mule slipper things. Off I clip-clopped down the street to get the ball, only to find it well and truly wedged under the middle of the car. So wedged in, and so in the middle I had to send the kids to find a brush to reach it, lie on the ground and hit the ball great thumps with the brush to bang it out.

And this is how I came to be lying in the middle of the road in my sparkly slippers as half the street arrived home from work this afternoon.

It's as well they know me ;-)

No comments: