Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Educating Boys

For the first time in my 17 year teaching history I have the pleasure of teaching boys. I am currently working in a school for children with moderate learning difficulties and have a form class that is mostly male.


During form time today I discovered the importance of being able to talk about football. And of having a favourite team. I had to pick a favourite team rather quickly to avoid any major disruption and in my haste selected Liverpool because it was the team my Dad and my brother supported way back in the 70's when they were in their heyday (Liverpool that is, not my Dad and certainly not my brother!)

That seemed to be a reasonable choice, there were two 'other' Liverpool supporters, a Newcastle supporter and a Chelsea supporter in the group, along with the usual smattering of Man U.

Of course Liverpool are playing tonight in the Champions League, and if they don't win there could be hell to pay tomorrow morning :-s

No comments: