Sunday, August 13, 2006

NewsFLASH

Packed up and ready for the off tomorrow for a weeks camping in Wicklow. Just checked the weather one last time (at 4pm today it was still indicating sunshine all week) to discover, horror of horrors, the latest forecast for the area is showing sunny spells tomorrow, followed by four days of rain and minimum temperatures of 13 degrees.

13 degrees?!

And worse still, predicion of thunderstorms on Wednesday. And Thursday.

Question: is it safe to be in a tent in a thunderstorm?

I don't believe this is happening to me; last time we had thunder and lightning at home I was under the bed with fear, how will my sanity cope when I'm under a flimsy piece of gortex sheeting? Not that I'm one to be over dramatic, but this could be my last ever blog.

Just shoot me now and put me out of my misery :-(

No comments: