Saturday, August 12, 2006

Fair Trade Muesli Bites the Dust

Way, way back on 25th May I went fair trade shopping and was very disappointed with the results of my endeavour.

But I did rave a bit about the Fair Trade muesli, which I considered the most fairly traded product I bought.

Today I have to admit that after two and a half months of kidding myself that I might actually eat it, today the muesli ended up in the bin. The truth is, I have bought and consumed two other boxes of muesli since my purchase of the Fairly Traded variety. And the Fairly Traded just didn't compare :-(

I remember when I had rabbits they used to eat a concoction that looked, and probably tasted, just like the fairly traded muesli. In fact, the rate my rabbits ate it, it might have actually tasted better.

I've not given up completely, I shall have to look out for other 'brands' of Fairly Traded muesli and see if they pass the taste test. In the meantime, I've given up on pretending to eat a substance that looks and even tastes a bit like cardboard just to be seen to be ethical!

No comments: