Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Drought

This posting has nothing to do with a lack of water in our green and pleasant land. It could have been though, as I can't actually remember the last time it rained. Having said that, I can't remember a lot of things, and rainy days are not on my priority list of 'things to remember'!

All that aside, the weather here has been fantastically hot and there hasn't been rain for an inordinately long time (for Northern Ireland, that could be six hours!)

I am referring to my lack of blogging recently, the drying up of ideas worth blogging about in my head. I could have, maybe, blogged about Portugal in tonight’s World Cup semi-final, but since they did the job required of them in the last round by sending England home, I have sort of lost enthusiasm.

Fickle.

Of course, the kids are off for the summer, and that keeps me well occupied during the day doing the taxi service to and from rugby camp and then entertainments secretary for the remaining waking hours.

I've also adopted a couple of new hobbies. Funny, I've had more new hobbies in the last 5 months than I've had in the last 25 years. What does that tell you?? Anyway, these two are going to remain fairly anonymous until such times as I have established whether or not I can actually do them! That's me you see - none of this 'if at first you don't succeed ...' malarkey for me, I'm more your instant gratification type :-)

So, watch this space, and pray for an end to the drought!

No comments: