Friday, June 02, 2006

How's it going?

Now that the very heavy weight of making very important decisions has been lifted off my shoulders, I'm settling nicely and quickly into my new 'life'.

My kids were on a half day at school today so, having spent the morning buying flowers and planting up pots for the garden with an anonymous person, I went to collect them at lunchtime. It was a fantastically hot and sunny day today, so we had a leisurely lunch outside and then decided we would take a walk to the library.

We did the three mile round trip (with a pit-stop at the sweetie shop for good measure) in a little under an hour and a half. The kids were great; they walked the whole way without moaning once and at the library we spent some time reading a couple of books before heading back. Then we marched off home, taking a different route for the sake of adventure, singing 'We are Marching in the Light of God' as we went!

And when we got home, they played with friends in the garden whilst I sat in the sun and read one of my newly borrowed 'escapist-type' novels.

So it's going OK so far :-)

No comments: