Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Make Politicans History

In an envelope addressed to me personally, I received a business reply postcard this morning inviting me to 'Make Politicians History'.

As I am not a political being, the sentiment actually quite appealed to me. 'What a fantastic promotion idea!' I thought to myself, scouring the card desperately to see what product it was actually promoting. I thought there might be a clue in the return address, Marcus Music in Belfast, purveyor of all things musical (including bodhrans).

With no clear indication on the card of the product I was being enticed with, I logged onto the website, http://www.makepoliticianshistory.org/ which is where I discovered that this is not a promotion, its not a joke and its not a spoof. Some character called Rainbow George has actually mailed all 220,000 eligible voters in Belfast to encourage them to Make our Politicians History (not in itself the worst idea in the world) and put Alex 'Hurricane' Higgins in control of the city instead.

Tonight I go to bed feeling a whole lot more sane.

1 comment:

Carey said...

Oh how funny!