Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I need a distraction

I've had a few in my day; walking, card making, scrapbooking, cake decorating, knitting (yes, knitting. But only when I was very ill!)

Walking would be good because it would get me fit, and it might help me get rid of the persistent jelly belly. Although, it's not really the season for walking. Well, not my season anyway.

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the latest practice CD for the next singing adventure; yes, you can hear the groans of my children from wherever you are, and that is why it is only a distraction for while I am driving, not in the house. To preserve the sanity of the many.

I've not hit the bodhran in anger in quite some time. The difficulty being that solo bodhran is a bit boring and justifies all the bodhran jokes on the internet. I'm not quite that sad yet.

I'm thinking I might go back to the piano. Oh, not proper lessons with a teacher or anything as I already pay more a month to support two piano teachers in Belfast than I do to support two orphans in Africa. But maybe just bang out (accurate description of my playing) a few pieces from the old music books mother has dumped in my lounge.

Then maybe when my friend Ashley comes to visit at Christmas, we can play a duet.

Yeah right, dream on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just remember the small fortune I paid for the lessons! What a good idea to give it another go - as long as I don't have to sit beside you as you play - how can I ever forget those days!!