Saturday, August 22, 2009

Subtle insults

My brother bought a new car this week. He need it because the number of children in his family is going to be doubled from two to four in January.

Anyway, he bought a new car, a couple of years old but in excellent nick. When questioned he explained that the previous owner had been an old man. 'Oh' laughed mum 'someone my age then, ha ha ha'. 'No' said brother, 'he's not that old, he must have been about 50'.

That would be just eight years older than me then. Old, eh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and three years older than me and the same age as my 'old' man!! lol

Anonymous said...

And six years younger than me ...and would you belive it: I can still drive a car, touch my toes without bending my knees and swim for about an hour :-)
Brigitte

Ali said...

Oh Brigitte, even though I can still drive a car, I can't touch my toes without bending my knees and hunkering down and I could never ever swim for an hour!