Thursday, April 16, 2009

Postcrossing

A couple of months ago we started (another) new project called Postcrossing. Basically, you send a postcard and receive a postcard back from a random person somewhere in the world!

It's been a big hit with the kids and we are charting our progress on a big world map on the wall of the playroom and here on our special Postcrossing blog.

Worth a look if you are into collecting stamps, postcards, or have kids who like the idea of penpals but not the enthusiasm for writing long letters!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, girl. I am so addicted to this....I can spend hours on the forums signing up for round robins! I get anywhere from 2-5 cards A DAY in my mailbox! :D

Ali said...

Kelly, you are the Queen of postcrossing! I must check out these round robing things you mention.

What is your postcrossing user name?

Pluto said...

Wait a minute! If people in rural areas signed up to Postcrossing then all the trips to the local post office would help those facing closure. I think you may be on to something, Ali.

Ali said...

spread the word ;-)

Anonymous said...

My user name is FisherFamily (original, huh)? LOL

I am most active on the Color RR (http://forum.postcrossing.com/viewthread.php?tid=17098)