Wednesday, November 07, 2007

New Ulster Rugby Star?

After much discussion, I have been persuaded by my 6 year old daughter that she should start playing rugby from Saturday morning.

One of the Ulster Branch rugby development officers has been in school teaching the P3 classes how to play tag during their PE classes, and the Dolly has absolutely loved it. So much so that, having had a day off today because she was sick, she spent the day bemoaning the fact she was missing rugby!

You have to see my Dolly to fully understand the conflict going on here. She's tiny and fine, she wears clothes for age 3-4. She naturally gravitates towards skirts and glitter and high heels and make-up. But she won't be put off by me telling her how cold she will be, or how wet, or even that she will be the only girl in her squad.

So it looks like, for the next couple of weeks anyway, my role is to stand on a foggy touchline as proud mum of the only girl on the pitch.

4 comments:

Cosmo said...

Sounds like a nippy little scrum-half! Plus the high heels will be great for rucking.

Ali said...

The other hing is that, when she eventually gets to play in the Ladies Rugby World cup, she'll be able to answer the New Zealanders haka with a quick Irish reel!

Dana said...

I think it's great! I am impressed that she wants to get out there. My daughter loves soccer, not half as dangerous as rugby I know, but humor me here...and I just love that she shows the boys off.

Ali said...

Dana, you're my kind of lady ;-)