Thursday, November 15, 2007

Car Mechanics

Before you think this is going to be a rant about the prices they charge, let me explain.

On Thursday, one of the year groups in the school I'm currently gainfully employed in goes to the local Tech to undertake some practical skills. Today, I had the undoubted pleasure of accompanying them. To car mechanics class.

The lesson today was draining oil from the engine (I think) (I mean I know what the lesson was, but I think the oil came from the engine) Anyway, there was quite a bit of oil and it got into quite a few unusual places, but it was good fun.

So now I know how to change the oil in my car. Well, I know how to take it out. We couldn't replace the oil because the bonnet on the car we were working on wouldn't work so we couldn't get into the innards.

However, I still don't do putting in petrol. That's a man's job

No comments: