Monday, August 13, 2007

Back to hospital tomorrow

to find out what they're going to do about these trapped subcutaneous stitches.

In some respects this is a tricky one, as I don't really want a 'foreign body' entrapped in my body for the duration (stitches are not dissolving) as there is a risk of infection over a long period of time. On the other hand, as the stitches are subcutaneous ie under the outer skin layer and not protruding, it more than likely means further surgery to open up the wound again to get them removed (as they were originally going to do when the stitches initially snapped). That's a scary thought as I'm still anaemic and my hand is still buggered after the first lot of surgery!

I have listened to all the advice and have decided it is the lesser of two evils to have the surgery again and get them removed. We will see what the consultant has to say about it tomorrow. I'm hoping we are of like mind - I 'm not good at being forceful.

No comments: