Sunday, June 24, 2007

The end of Chemical Ali

From the BBC:
"A cousin of the late Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein has been sentenced to death by an Iraqi court for the mass murder of Kurds in 1988. Ali Hassan al-Majid, known as "Chemical Ali" for using poison gas in the Anfal campaign, was convicted of genocide."

The significance of this should not be overlooked. When I first took ill 16 months ago, I was prescribed a number of seditive-type medications, alongside a number of other medications I was already taking for another medical condition.

After a number of weeks my doctor decided, much to my distress, that I should also take prozac. My way of overcoming this was to joke about it and hence I adopted the name "Chemical Ali" - chemical because I was pumped full of them and Ali because thats actually my name - (for the benefit of blog readers who only know me in the blog context!)

Which is why this blog is called Chemical's blog.

Last November I took my last prozac. Today three weeks I will have surgery that means I no longer have to take any of the other medication.

Truly the end of Chemical Ali.


No comments: