Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Princess and the Pea

Camilla PB had a hysterectomy recently, at the exclusive King Edward VII (£500-a-night) Hospital. Apparently, when she turned up for her op she arrived accompanied by her personal mattress and bed linen. Furthermore, during her stay, she only ate food prepared by the Prince's staff at Clarence House and brought to the hospital for her.

Now, I'm wondering, how it would go down if I turned up at Neely Ward in the Ulster (NHS) Hospital in May dragging my mattress and bedlinen behind me.

Sure enough, I have very nice bedlinen, which I am quite attached to, however it is for a King size bed, and let's face it, chances of getting any bed, never mind a king sized one, in an NHS hospital ...

As for requesting meals from home - I imagine I would be gently reminded that there was a McDonalds right across from the hospital, if I felt like the walk!

No comments: