Thursday, February 08, 2007

Special School Animated Oscars


Once upon a time ...

It all started when I was subbing in the previous Special School and they had just completed a little animation project. I knew at that time that the Special School I was about to start working in were also making a little animated movie.

'Wouldn't it be good' I said 'if we could have a little Special School Oscar ceremony'

There were two things wrong with that sentence: first, that I said it out loud, and second, that Un-Named Ex-Colleague heard me.

And so, with two weeks to go until the event, I find myself trawling the internet for plastic champagne glasses, popcorn buckets and bow ties; negotiating the release of old movie posters from the local cinema to decorate the hall, and arranging to 'borrow' an American Limo for half an hour so the children can have their photograph taken in it when they arrive.

I really, really, need a red carpet for the children to walk down into the venue - if anyone has one I can borrow for an hour, or knows where I can get one (for nothing!) please, please let me know.

And now, I'm crawling back into the hole I should never have crawled out of ...

No comments: