Thursday, February 22, 2007

Back to the Irish Dancing

I had a week off from Irish Dancing this week because I was doing an 'airport run' on Monday night. Also, I have also not had time (or perhaps inclination) to practice because of the Oscar event.

In preparation for my return to class next Monday I decided to go to the library and get a book on 'Step by Step Irish Dance for Dummies who Ruin Formation Dances'. They didn't have that exact title, so I settled for one entitled 'Jigs and Reels'.

Imagine how I felt when I got home to discover that it wasn't a picture book of where your feet should be and when, but a collection of short stories (most of which aren't even Irish for goodness sake) by Joanne Harris, author of 'Chocolat'.

Frankly, having read her book on Irish Dance, she should stick to making the confections!

No comments: