Thursday, November 16, 2006

Campaign of Mis-information

I was wandering through Woolies, as you do coming up to Christmas, when I came across a whole box of educational posters for sale. You know the type; shapes, colours, numbers, alphabet etc. Once the teacher always the teacher, so I'm having a wee look when I see it. The Solar System. With Pluto still in place!

I resisted the urge (another urge!) to say to the girl at the till did she not know that Pluto had been downgraded, and the even greater urge to lift an indelible ink pen from the next aisle to write the appropriate correction on every poster.

Just think of all the babies and pre-schoolers who are being wrongly educated in the way of the solar system. The science teachers of the world might NEVER be able to undo this incorrect learning.

Un-named Ex-colleague, you've your work cut out for you

1 comment:

Pluto said...

I told you this would happen! It's easy for a few astronomers to make a decision without thinking about the impact on society. REINSTATE PLUTO AS A PLANET!