Saturday, October 14, 2006

Labradorite


My colleagues took me out for a meal last week and presented me with the most amazing gift. Some labradorite jewellery. I have to say, and I'm not just saying it for effect, Labradorite is one of the most exquisite gems I have ever seen.

When light strikes Labradorite from a particular direction, it displays striking rainbow-coloured reflections (violet, blue, green, yellow, orange, red) known as "Labradorescence" or "Schiller." It has been described as looking like oil laying on water or the delicate wings of a tropical butterfly.

I wonder if my colleagues knew this when they chose it: Labradorite is said to energize the body and enhance productivity. It can help us to work productively for long periods without tiring. It stimulates us to exercise and to dance (!!). Labradorite balances and reenergizes those that have been overworking.

How all round appropriate a gift is that for me :-)

No comments: