Tuesday, August 29, 2006

You're Never too Old for a Sleepover

I had a sleepover with my kids this week. They had been promised the chance to have a sleepover on the futon in the playroom before it had to be returned and watch TV all night. They have christened it a 'wakeover'.

So Saturday was the appointed night and for once they headed off to bed without as much as a grumble to watch 'Maria' followed by some carefully selected programmes on some carefully selected channels.

The good money said one of them would fall asleep by 10pm. The good money was wrong. Not just wrong, but way, way out!

So at 10.30 I decided the only course of action was to join them in the allegedly double futon in the hope that they might settle and drop off. So there we are, me, two wriggly children and a four foot teddy bear all squashed into a space barely larger than a single bed watching endless runs of the Powderpuff Girls.

The little one fell asleep soon after my arrival, the bigger one managed to make it into the wee small hours of the morning I believe, reports have it that I was out for the count well before him.

And was it a good nights sleep? I haven't been kicked as much by my kids since I was pregnant!! And then theres the talking in the sleep .. both of them, sometimes even to each other. Not to mention she likes to kick the covers off during the night and he cocoons himself in them.

The other half peeped in at one in the morning to see how it was doing and says he wished he'd had a camera. I sort of wish he'd had one too. It was the worst night's sleep I've had in absolutely ages. I loved every minute :-)

No comments: