Friday, August 04, 2006

Degrees of Wellness

Obviously when you are recovering from being ill you go through stages of wellness. I am now, happily, in the position where 95% of the time I feel recovered, to the point where I think I have fully recovered.

And then, every so often, something happens that makes you realise you still have a way to go.

Like today, mum and the kids and I went to the market and stopped off in a coffee shop for elevenses. As I was waiting at the counter for my order to be sorted, the man behind me in the queue started giving the girl behind the counter a REAL earful .. literally over nothing

But he was sooo arrogant, and sooo rude to her and to give credit where it is due, she was so polite and patient back, but the more helpful she was with him, the more aggressive he got with her.

I have to tell you, by the time my order was on the tray in front of me I was shaking so much I wondered would it all be spilt before I made it back to my seat!

Any sign of confrontation, even, apparently, when I'm not involved and I turn into Mr Jelly.

That'll have to be sorted before I go back to work!

No comments: