Monday, June 26, 2006

Swimming

I just don't do it.

I never have. Two things I hate; being wet and being cold. To me, swimming is the worst of both. Even the year I belonged to the gym, the closest I got to the pool was the sauna and steam room beside it. I've been to some of the hottest and most exotic beaches in the world, but never in the sea at them.

Tonight is end of term splash night at the kids swimming club. You bring your parents, they get in the pool with you, and you splash them.

I have tried every excuse in the book, and some I even made up myself, but to no avail. It took me 30 minutes to locate my swimsuit, so long it is since it saw the light of day, but I had two too willing helpers to assist in the hunt.

It's inevitable ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so what next? did you or did you not? let us know about the experience.

Ali said...

Last in, first out ;-)

But I did it, and was well splashed for my efforts, not just by my own kids but seemingly by every kid in the pool!

Anonymous said...

Thats what comes when you are popular - or perhaps look terrified!!

Anonymous said...

very funny