Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Don't ever say you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

It's not even a fortnight since my sister-in-law (to be) tentatively introduced me to blogging, and now I find it has become a family trend to want to blog, which means I am juggling the updating of three blogs on a regular basis.

I am thinking of taking a part-time, distance learning degree in blogging.

In the meantime, never one to do things by half, I have been leafing through 'Teach Yourself Web Publishing with HTML in a Week'. It's not a book that will make it onto my Favourite Books list in my profile. A book that had obviously never been touched in it's life before (I'm not even sure how it got here), it now automatically falls open at page 74 - Putting the Hyper in Hypertext: All about Links.

Evidence of my learning can be seen in the post below where the eagle-eyed amongst you will notice that the hyperlink includes the use of attributes within my link tag, hense the link reads 'speed saves lives' as opposed to earlier attempts in my blogging history where the link is purely denoted by the actual website address.

I am looking forward with anticipation to reading the chapter 'Forms and Image Maps' as I feel my blog would seriously benefit from the addition of these facilities, even though at this stage I am not quite certain what they are.

A walking advertisement for LifeLong Learning, that's me!

2 comments:

Carey said...

Great job! If you need any help with HTML, let me know. I'm not an expert, but I can share what I've learned through trial and error.

Ali said...

Good stuff! Thanks for the encouragement :-)